Monday, December 19, 2005

Obsession

So what drives artists?

From being around other artists, I would say making art becomes an obsession.

Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: äb-'se-sh&n, &b-
Function: noun
Date: 1680
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation
2 : something that causes an obsession
- ob·ses·sion·al /-'sesh-n&l, -'se-sh&-n&l/ adjective
- ob·ses·sion·al·ly adverb

Artists become fixated with idea, images and/or themes. Some artists continue to come back to the same ideas, images or themes. Work selling may have something to do with that. Personally, I get fed up with with my own art very quickly. There is a point at which I have to stop and move on to something else.

That is my obsession. I'll rotate what I work on. Finishing is not easy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment